Thursday, September 15, 2005

My sister and new brother's wedding

Here are some pictures from one camera's point of view. My sister Tina married Dijon from Traverse City. They have been together for 7 years and they felt it was time to tie the knot. They were wed at Wabisis Park in Greenville Michigan. It was gorgeous. The wedding was outside and the temperature was 86 degrees with lot's of sunshine. Below is Tina and D.J. walking down the aisle as Mr. and Mrs. Dijon Dohm. Here is Amanda and I. This is the brides maids dress that my Mom and cousin Dawn made for me. The rest of the girls in the wedding wore light blue dresses. My Mom and Dawn made all the dresses including Tina's. The dresses were much more special in Tina's wedding because they were homemade with love. Below is Frank, Jamie, and I. Frank is Tina's friend from T.C. and Jamie is Amanda's boyfriend. Good thing Amanda isn't insecure. We like to take fun and possibly inappropriate pictures.Travis gave Tina away at the wedding and she wanted to share a special dance just like she would have done if our father was here. They danced to Alabama's song "Angels among us." It was really amazing moment in our lives. My mom, Ricky, and I joined in to share such a unique and intimate time as a family.

I realize in the picture below that you cannot see the faces of the bride and groom but I really like this picture because I just know how much they love each other (and some of my favorite pictures are ones with the side profile). I am so proud of how much they've grown as a couple and I know they will grow old together. I love them both so much and I am so excited to have another brother.

I'm not real sure what sort of statement this picture below deserves. Apparently I am practicing my dance moves for the bridal party soul train. We cut a rug that night. I had so much fun and got to see so many people that are dear to my family. Yeeeaaaa I got another Bro and I know my sister married a good man.

7 Comments:

Blogger tanyawells said...

I promise I wasn't a angry elf while this picture was taken in fact I think this was the first time all day that I wasn't smiling. My smile muscles hurt because I had so much fun and I was so proud!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's not a angry elf face, it's the face of a serious party animal! Leg up and all! I'm glad your my twin and we can party together and have such a SCRUMTRALESCENT time!!

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the comments! You guys have an awesome family!

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS, click on my name and see what happens. hahahaha

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOHHH I see how you are!

11:28 AM  
Blogger gretchenjohnson said...

LOUD NOISES!!!

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I-I-I gotta say something here...EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home